Every Child Succeeds Act
Welcome to the Northfield Community School Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) - previously No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Information Page.
- Right to Know Parent Letter
- Policy 5020 Role of Parents; Guardian
- Policy 5124 Reporting to Parents; Guardians
- Policy 6171 At-Risk and Title 1 Programs
- School Parent Compact 2018-19
- District School-Wide Parental Involvement Policy 2018-19
The No Child Left Behind Act (NCLB) of 2001 was signed into law on January 8, 2002. NCLB represents the nation's education reform plan and contained the most sweeping changes to the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) since it was enacted in 1965. NCLB changed the federal government's role in K-12 education by focusing on school success as measured by student achievement. The Act also contained four basic education reform principles:
- stronger accountability for results,
- increased flexibility and local control,
- expanded options for parents, and
- an emphasis on teaching methods that have been proven to work.
ESEA was re-authorized by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), on December 10, 2015. The new law builds on key areas of progress in recent years, made possible by the efforts of educators, communities, parents, and students across the country.
In this section, we provide resources to explore the implications of ESSA on our school and on your student's learning.
You will find all No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Parental Involvement policies in the Policies area on this website, and, linked below for your convenience.
The NCLB Parental Involvement Policies are the following:
- 1000 Concepts and Roles/Goals and Objectives
- 1100 Communicating with the Public
- 1120 Board of Education Meetings
- 1220 Ad-Hoc Advisory Committees
- 1312 Community Complaints and Inquiries
- 5020 Role of Parent/Guardian
- 5111 Admission
- 5118 Nonresidents
- 5124 Reporting to Parents/Guardians
- 6142.2 English As A Second Language
- 6142.13 HIV Prevention
- 6162.4 Community Resources
- 6162.5 Research
- 6171.3 At-Risk and Title I
Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
Every Student Succeed Act (ESSA) - State Overview
U.S. Dept. of Education - NCLB
Parent's Guide to NCLB
NCLB NJ School, District, State Reports
NCLB - A Teacher's Toolkit